1. EMIG has an established and publishes
a printed newsletter of issues and topics for art education as it
relates to electronic media issues. We will be sending out an issue in
February/March and in time for distribution for the 2007 NAEA New York
2. Maintained an EMIG web page @
This year our website coordinator Elizabeth Adams <firstname.lastname@example.org> is
working on an update and revamping of our website.
3. Luncheon and presentation by EMIG
members at the NAEA National Convention.
This year for the 2007 National Art
Education Association’s New York Convention, our guest speaker is
Joanna Black, a professor from the University of Manitoba, Canada
4. EMIG has participated in the NAEA
Delegates Assembly, since it’s founding in 1993. This year Debra
Pylypiw, will represent EMIG at the 2007 NAEA Delegates Assembly in New
York. She is also the EMIG Treasurer and Membership Coordinator.
5. We elect a slate of officers for
6. Initiated policy in 2005 at the NAEA
Convention in Boston during the Delegates Assembly. We created a
discussion forums and a listserv for our memberships and other
interested issues groups.
7. We are collaborating with other
issues groups in discussions and plan to publish joint statements with
recommendations for NAEA policy.
• Built Environment
• Choice Based Art Education