|Youth Art Month
November 23, 2015
YOUTH ART MONTH | YAM 2016
THE POWER OF ART
STATEWIDE EXHIBIT AT THE STATE TRANSPORTATION BUILDING
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Click here to register
You must register by January 8, 2016.
All information is now available for download - see sidebar.
Please refer to the Calendar for all deadlines.
November 18, 2015
YAM FLAG 2016
Start Celebrating Youth Art Month NOW!
Have your students create a design for a Massachusetts Youth Art Month flag.
ALL GRADE LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO ENTER
Prizes will be awarded to one winner from elementary, middle, and high school levels.
One grand prize winning design will be made into a 3’x5’ flag/banner and be displayed at the NAEA conference in Chicago in March 2016.
• Designs must be in the correct proportions: 4.5” x 7.25” or 9” x 14.5”
• Flags will be displayed vertically, however designs may be vertical or horizontal.
• Designs should incorporate the theme “The Power of Art” or may be interpreted as “The Power of Art in Massachusetts.”
• Designs should incorporate images that represent Massachusetts and/or visual art.
• Designs must include the word Massachusetts.
• Design may include the words Youth Art Month.
HOW TO SUBMIT ENTRIES
Please photograph or scan and digitally submit flag designs along with the
student’s name, grade, school, city, and your name and email.
Two ways to submit flag designs this year:
Click here to upload your flag design to the google doc.
Or email your designs to email@example.com
Artwork must be received by Friday, December 18, 2014
You can contact the YAM committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
October 18, 2015
NEW YOUTH ART MONTH LOGO
Click the image to access a larger version of the new logo.
June 14, 2015
YOUTH ART MONTH CELEBRATIONS STATEWIDE
NEW! Click here for a listing of all of the YAM Celebrations across the state.
May 14, 2015
YOUTH ART MONTH | GALLERY 2015
NEW! Gallery of all artwork from the show organized by city or town - click here.
March 14, 2015
MASSACHUSETTS YAM 2015 (BOSTON)
Organized by the MAEA YAM committee, the Boston Exhibit will be similar to last year.
Our goal is to grow this exhibit to be a true statewide event celebrating Visual Art Education. It is an opportunity to spotlight student work K-12 from across the state and should be considered in addition to any regional, district or school celebrations.
This year there will be even more drop off sites; mailing student art work is also an option this year.
The 2015 MAEA Youth Art Month exhibit was held at the State Transportation Building in Boston MA from March 9th - April 24th.
August 6, 2014
ARTWORK FROM THE 2014 SHOW
The gallery of artwork from the 2014 show is now up.
Click here for the gallery.
April 1, 2014
YAM pictures at NAEA Conference
Photos of artwork displayed at the NAEA Conference, Spark! in San Diego March 28 - April 1
Artworks from the 2014 Youth Art Month Show in Boston were selected to represent Massachusetts at the National Art Education Association's conference, Spark!,in San Diego, California on March 28 through April 1.
Click here for the gallery.
Youth Art Month
Downloads and documents
• All downloads in one zipped file (recommended)- click here
• Calendar - click here
• Submission Requirements - click here
• Packing Guidelines - click here
• Teacher Inventory - click here
• Student Entry Form - click here
• Parent Letter - click here
• Press Release - click here
• Directions and parking information for the State Transportation Building - click here
Chair: Helen Downey
Email YAM Coordinators
Sargent Art Supplies - proud sponsor of Recognition Awards (MAEA members only)
Sargent Art generously offers recognition awards of art supplies to one student and teacher from each level
(elementary, middle, high school)
In addition Sargent also offer a top award of a trip to New York City to one student, their parent and art teacher.